Cloud

created at TagCrowd.com

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 9 – Please put your own oxygen mask on first

You know when you are on the airplane and the flight attendants are doing their spiel before takeoff and they mention that "in the case that the cabin loses pressure, oxygen masks will come down from overhead, please place your own mask on first and then proceed to assist children and other passengers". That is what I am attempting to do with this project. If I am going to provide advice to others on how to accomplish things in their lives, I am going to start something big, from scratch and take my own medicine in the process. Then I can proceed to assist others who might be interested.

Lead and motivate by example – that was always where I excelled in my sports career and now it is time to take that skill and translate it into real life. In recent years, playing professional lacrosse, I felt myself losing some ground and I stopped to analyze where I was going wrong. What I came up with was that I was leading but not always in the right direction. And, when I was allowing others to lead instead of me, which is fine, I was sometimes allowing myself to be misled. That was my responsibility, no one else's. So, I will take from that lesson that a requirement of leading is to make a positive example of yourself and to speak your mind when things get off track. It is your responsibility. Please let me know if I start to get off track. I openly invite all opinions for discussion through this process. Safe, open communication is going to be key in making this project successful and so that must be a cornerstone for this project as well. That makes three solid cornerstones so far 1) altruistic right minded intention 2) open honest communication 3) Be a leader.

The "I'm going to space guy"

Jim Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment