Cloud

created at TagCrowd.com

Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 2 – Call me crazy but I’m even more on board with this today than yesterday

I spent almost all of yesterday thinking about my plans to go into space, and the more I thought about it, the more that I knew I could do it. And of course, the more I pondered the concept of taking off into space, the more I found that I had questions or reasons not to do it. I knew I had to evaluate all the angles and measure the pros and cons. It wouldn't be responsible for me to not think about those people in my life who would also be affected by this decision. In the end, it all kept coming back to my desire to make this thing happen and that I needed to make a choice to not let anything stand in my way. I had to trust that people would support me and I couldn't use my fears as roadblocks, holding me back from my goals. Recently, I started to work hard at adopting some new thought patterns. One of those newly adopted thought processes is my ability to analyze a situation and to gauge it's impact on my closest family. As I mentioned, I knew I had to analyze how my inner circle would be most affected by my actions, so I spent some time thinking and writing about how this would impact my wife and kids.

I decided to speak to my wife about it, and God love her, she was actually strangely excited about it. My recent illness has not only changed my life, it really seems to be changing hers as well. We both have a renewed and healthier outlook on life. She encouraged me to do it and provided for me, reasons to support my journey rather than offer reasons not to move forward with it. This is the kind of partner you need in your life if you are going to be successful. We will discuss the challenges as they arise, but they don't need to be absolute, they will simply need to be seen as potential problems, but solvable ones. Next in line after Jennifer is my 28 month old son and my new 14 day old daughter – how would this impact them? The more time I spent on this issue, the more I came to the conclusion that If I really want to help people to be happy and fulfilled, I need to show that I start with the people closest to me. What better example can I set for my children then to teach them that they can accomplish anything they set their minds too. I will do it in the most responsible manner, considering their health safety and welfare at every turn, but I will show them that their parents are a team that support each other and not only have dreams but actively pursue those dreams.

Coming soon…

Website: www.imgoingtospace.com
www.iamgoingtospace.com

I plan to create a working list of commitments to my project, keeping the goal in mind that this list will help to make it more tangible and in turn, keep me inspired to make it happen. I plan to create a list of commitments not only to myself but to those people that we love. I hope this will help to drive and motivate us as a team, especially on days when we might waiver in our convictions.

Then, here begins the planning process. We will vocalize as many ideas, pros and cons and potential push-backs and questions as possible and then sort them out – organizing and addressing them one by one.

The main point of this blog is to explore this idea in the most open and honest way. This is why I want to welcome all your thoughts on this project – good and bad. I'm ready to hear how we can make this happen, or how you think I'm the craziest guy currently not
in space!

The "I'm going to space guy"

Jim Moss

2 comments:

  1. I think this idea definitely will take a lot of effort, especially as I'm sure there will be plenty of naysayers. Lots of luck in your pursuit. If you need help getting your site set up, I'm sure there are plenty of Mammoth (and even Stealth) fans that might be willing to lend some time. Personally I've found using Wordpress on a self hosted domain to be very easy and user friendly. Lots of Luck!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi, always bad when you mess up your own domain and put it as .com when it's a .net =)

    ReplyDelete