Cloud

created at TagCrowd.com

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

$2.00 down... $199,998.00 to go!!!

$2.00 down... $199,998.00 to go!

My Father Ron was the first to donate $1.00 into the send Jim to space fund and now an old and special friend, who just found me on Facebook after 8 years, donated the 2nd dollar. I wouldn't say we have reached the tipping point, but we have started down what is sure to be an incredible path. I am positive it will prove very interesting the trend of the donations and the hopeful viral spread of my project. It also points out another excellent and organic aspect of this project and that is finding old friends and / or being found by old friends. Hopefully some old pals will get in touch and see that I am still the same old Jim from wherever they new me from.

I also wrangled up the first official "Space Trip Piggy Bank" (see photo). It is a classic, disney collectors item from the 90's featuring Marvin the Martian. This will serve to hold the cash until I get enough going to justify something a little more technologically sound! On that note the plan is to create a formal ESCROW account that will hold the funds for the space flight and a second Escrow obviously for the funds to form the non profit. My 2 year old son Wyatt was quick to donate some of his pennies and quarters to put a little jingle in Marvin the Martian

Thanks for getting me started, I'll be keeping track of who makes the first donations and you will all have front row seats to the Documentary on opening night.

No comments:

Post a Comment