Cloud

created at TagCrowd.com

Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 5 – It’s a go and I’m letting the cat out of the bag

I am going to space.

Now that I have firmly decided to do this project, it is time to build a plan. Given my current illness and the fact that I am still unable to work full-time, I have to do this in the most responsible manner. It requires being cognizant of my health, my family and their health, my friends and my employer and to all of the people who will support me along the way. So, I figure that this will need to be a hobby at first since improving my wellbeing is priority number one for right now. With that in mind, I have to ask the question, "What is the best way to get started?" The answer is planning and research. First step is to take my goal statement and define it, rework it and ensure that it clearly states exactly what I am trying to do. This way, anyone can read it and get a clear picture of what we are trying to accomplish. I have taken some books out of the library on goal setting and accomplishing your dreams. From those examples, I am developing my mission statement to make it as clear as possible. My second goal is to spend 30-45 days in the planning phase. This will require a significant amount of brainstorming. I plan to analyze all that will need to be accomplished and in order to see this mapped out on a broader scale – create a living document that may change through the process, but will eventually help me reach my ultimate goal.

Here is an excerpt from a worksheet I am developing to do this – so far it looks like this:

Goal: will include a few clear sentences that directly expresses my goals

Timeline: aiming to have it ready to publish by December 18th, 2009

Goal setting for living a life of helping others to find the happiness that they deserve

Mission Statement – I desire to demonstrate that we can achieve even the loftiest goals – our dreams. Though the use of good planning, dedication to working the plan, openness to learning and showing adaptability, anyone can achieve their dreams by turning them into goals.

I plan to explore and prove that we can achieve our goals, even those others may deem as "crazy". When we approach those naysayers with a clear head, a plan, determination, the openness to learning and ability to adapt, mixed with the right attitude, we will be able to demonstrate to others that they can do the same. Dreams are important and they can be achieved.    

By tackling a rather extravagant and seemingly impossible challenge, I hope to demonstrate to others that many of our dreams and goals are far more attainable than we might think. Through my personal accomplishments I plan to help others identify and attain their dreams.

I will surround myself with people that have had success and failure in life and have taken the lessons of those experiences and learned how to find success with more frequency.

Through my actions and efforts towards achieving my greatest goal, I want to demonstrate to others of all ages, through open and honest communication, that realizing one's dreams are a necessity to living a happy and fulfilled life. I want to empower others to feel that it isn't too late to accomplish even the most incredible feats, and that the resources are available to us, we just need to look for them.

This is an example of the worksheet that I am creating and the approach that I am adopting to take on this project. I will share all the tips and tricks I learn along the way in addition to my feelings and experiences.

That's all for now,

The "I'm going to space guy"

Jim Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment